Headaches, rash, fatigue, cramps? Do you experiment these symptoms?
Do you feel worse after eating yogurt but you feel fine drinking milk?
Red wine gives you headaches?
Mushrooms bring you to the bathroom?
When you body is fighting a pathogen, you body release histamine to create a inflamed and swollen environment for white blood cells to get through more easily. Inflammation is most of the time, a good thing. However, when the inflammation is chronic, you end up with an inefficient immune system.
Eventually, the histamine is controlled by an enzymes called diamine oxidase except if your body is lacking this special enzyme. If you have too much histamine floating around in the interstitial fluid, you experience symptoms. Even without a Diamine oxidase deficiency, you may experience these symptoms if you have a bacterial infection, allergies, leaky gut or if you over consume histamine-rich food.
Symptoms of histamine intolerance
* Sleeping disorders
* Accelerated heart rate
* Abdominal cramps
* Nasal congestion, sneezing, difficulty breathing
* Hormonal imbalances
Foods naturally high in histamine:
Note: probiotics are very good for your health, however, many produce histamine within the body.
* Fermented alcoholic beverages (wine, champagne, beer)
* Fermented foods: sauerkraut, vinegar, soy sauce, kefir, yogurt, kombucha, kimchi, miso etc..
* Preserved food : pickles, olives etc.
* Cured meats: bacon, salami, pepperoni, hot dogs etc.
* Soured foods: sour cream, buttermilk, etc
* Dried fruit: apricots, prunes, dates, figs, raisins
* Most citrus
* Aged cheese ( blue cheese is the worst)
* Nuts: walnuts, cashews, and peanuts
* Some Vegetables: avocados, eggplant, spinach, and tomatoes
* Smoked fish
Foods that trigger histamine release:
* Cow’s Milk
* Wheat Germ
* Preservatives and dyes
Foods that block Diamine oxydase.
* Energy drinks
* Black & Green tea
That is a long list! The good news is: We can help!
By identifying the underlying causes of your overflow of histamine and/or the cause of your diamine oxydase deficiency, we can re-balance your immune system by repairing a leaky gut, normalizing your stomach ph and validating your allergies.